What do I do if something happens on a ride?
Summary: If there’s any kind of incident on one of your insured rides that might result in a claim (even if that doesn’t end up happening) you should report it as soon as possible after the ride. (source: LAB FAQs ).
Before the ride
Always carry a League of American Bicyclists (LAB) Incident Report Form on your ride. The form is available under the Ride Leader Forms tab on the FFBC website.
During the ride
If there is an accident or injury during your ride:
- Complete the LAB Incident Report Form to the best of your knowledge. Print clearly and legibly. Enter as much information as you have; leave it blank if you don’t know the answer.
- In case of serious injury, immediately notify American Specialty by calling 1 800 566 7941. If calling outside of normal business hours, follow the automated instructions for emergency claims reporting.
These essential instructions are included with the accident report form.
After the ride
- Promptly send the completed form to the address at the top of the report form.
- Send a copy of the report to the FFBC Secretary:
- Email: email@example.com
- Mail: FFBC Secretary, PO Box 1868, Fremont CA 94538
LAB may contact the Membership Chairperson to verify membership. LAB may also contact the ride leader to verify the injured party’s ride attendance or specifics about the incident.