This page contains instructions for post accident handling for the Ride Leader, FFBC Secretary, and injured party when a claim is filed.
One must be logged-In to access these forms. Any member can access the On-Line Incident Entry Form. Only Ride Leaders or Board Members can access the Incident Summary Form.
Accident scene instructions, for use at the accident site, are found here.
Enter all information from the paper copy of the Incident Reporting form to the on-line form (On-line Incident Entry Form). You must be logged in to access the form.
Note on paper information: Please use a scanner if you have access to one. Alternatively, take photos on your mobile phone. It is strongly requested that all information is entered into the online form via a file upload. If that can’t be done the paper info will have to be delivered to the secretary.
Communication to FFBC Secretary (Secretary)
- Send email alert immediately about the accident and advising when Incident Report will be ready
- Let Secretary know when report is the On-line Report is complete (all information is entered)
Communication to FFBC Community Outreach (Member Outreach):
Send email with name of injured rider and brief description of injury.
- Secretary reviews the Ride Leaders input in the on-line Incident Summary Report and checks for completeness and clarity. Click on the Submitter Name for more detail on the incident.
- FFBC Secretary follows-up with the injured rider about filing an insurance claim.
- If an insurance Claim will be filed …
- Secretary prints out a paper-copy of the Insurance Reporting Form
- Secretary fills out Part 1 of the form based on the information from the Incident Summary Report, except for the riders Date of Birth and Social Security Number
- Item 17: The Ride Leader’s name is entered as “Supervisor”; title is Ride Leader
- Item 20: Signature of Policy Holder Representative: The Secretary signs here.
- Item 21: Title of Policy Holder Representative is “Secretary”.
- Secretary then provides the partially filled out form to the injured party.
- Secretary provides the insurance policy “Payer Code” to the injured party.
If Injured Party wants to file a Claim
- Injured Party should contact the Secretary
- Injured party reviews eligibility requirements (insurance policy coverage)
- Injured party completes Part 1, fills in Part 2, fills in Part 3, and provides any supporting documentation (e.g., medical bills) required by the insurance company.
- Injured party submits claim to insurance company.
FFBC Secretary is the Insurance Company’s Contact Point
For accidents, the FFBC Secretary is the insurance company’s single point of contact and the Secretary may need to verify if the injured party qualifies for insurance coverage under the current insurance policy.
The two primary questions about insurance qualifications are …
- Is the injured party still a member (i.e., dues current)? The club Membership Coordinator (Membership) can verify status.
- If the injured party is a guest, is this the guest rider’s first ride with the club under the current insurance policy? The Pedal Pounder Manager (Pedal Pounders Coordinator) can verify status.
Note, more stringent restrictions for Mountain Bike rides apply. FFBC club insurance coverage is documented here.
485 total views, 5 views today