The following message and instructions has been provided to all members. Ride leaders should be aware of the details and their responsibilities.
Good news: CA updated its guidelines for outdoor gatherings, and they are so clear that we are adopting them as our guidelines, replacing the long list of guidelines and the waiver that has been appearing on the calendar events.
Riders must follow California and County mask and distancing guidelines (https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CID/DCDC/Pages/COVID-19/guidance-for-face-coverings.aspx). Ride leaders are not responsible for enforcing these guidelines. It is incumbent on riders to follow these guidelines to keep our cycling community safe.
Normal Ride Procedures
Insurance and Accident Reporting
General Summary of Incident handling
- Ride leaders take our new form with them on the ride (Incident Report Form) – this form provides a checklist on how to handle an accident and outlines what they should document at the scene of an accident. In addition to what Ride Leaders have done in the past, emphasis is placed on taking pictures and taking down witness information. As a further note, even if the Ride Leader thinks the incident is minor, err on the side of caution and document the incident. This is to protect the club and Ride Leader.
- After the ride, the Ride leader enters that hand written information and uploads pictures into an on-line form, via the highlighted “Incident Report Entry” menu item. The Ride Leader must be logged-in to view and access that menu item.
- Since most injured riders are covered by their own primary insurance the process will often end at that point. However if the injured rider would like to submit a claim to the club insurance company then they should contact the club secretary.
- The club secretary will transfer the incident information onto our insurance company form, and then give that form to the injured rider. The injured rider should complete the form with their addition personal information and then submit it to the insurance company directly.
- Incident Report Form – Print and carry this form on all rides. NOTE: If there is any doubt as to whether an incident should be reported on the online form – err on the side of being cautious, and DO IT. The club would like to document all incidents, even if the Ride Leader feels it will never be submitted to our insurance company.
- Accident Scene Instructions -this information is contained in the prior item #1-the Incident Report form – but is here for reference.
- Accident Reporting Form (updated May 2020) – this is for reference – the secretary and injured rider will fill out this form and handle the insurance submission
- Ride Leader Qualifications and Tips – learn about becoming and being a Ride Leader.
- Ride Submission Form – post a new ride to the ride calendar, with all the details.
- Ride Sign-In Forms
- After ride submission of Pedal Pounder information (sign-in sheets): Send them to Pedal Pounder manager. Electronic uploads of sign-in sheets are acceptable/preferred.
- FFBC Route library on RidewithGPS: Route Library & Collections are two excellent route sources. You may have to sign into the club account to access Collections.
- Club Contacts and mailing address – FFBC, PO Box 1868, Fremont, CA 94538
- Pizza Ride Coordinator’s “How to” Guide – tips for coordinating a club pizza ride.
- Ride Cancellation – information to help decide whether a Scheduled ride should be cancelled and converted into a Show-and-Go ride
852 total views, 1 views today