Pedal Pounders is a program of the FFBC that logs the rides statistics for all members. The goal is to allow members to easily track their efforts and to compare it against their previous years efforts or against other club members. In addition the club offers awards to members who have had an outstanding year riding. Our hope is that it creates more interest in club rides and helps riders work harder to meet their riding goals.
Only FFBC club members in good standing (i.e., on the membership list) will receive Pedal Pounder credits.
To receive Pedal Pounder credit, a ride must meet the following criteria:
- At least three (3) calendar days advance notice, either by being listed on the FFBC calendar or by being announced on the FFBC email board (currently https://ffbc.groups.io/g/info/topics)
- A designated ride leader who is a club member (Show & Go riders must “elect” a ride leader at the start)
- A minimum of two (2) riders, including the ride leader(s)
- An original, paper sign-in sheet submitted by the ride leader no later than sixty (60) days after the ride or seven (7) calendar days after the end of the calendar year, whichever comes first
A ride leader will receive ride leader credit if listed as the first rider on the sign-in sheet. Co-ride leaders will receive credit if the sign-in sheet has “RL” in the margin next to their names. Individual riders will receive ride credit if their names on the submitted sign-in sheet are legible.
Pedal Pounder credit will also be given under the following circumstances:
- The Ride Coordinator accidentally omitted a ride from the calendar
- The Board of Directors decides to waive the three (3) calendar day requirement
- The ride leader had to move an eligible ride to a different day, time or place because of safety and health issues, such as inclement weather, road closures, or poor air quality
- The ride leader must announce the change on the FFBC email board prior to the posted ride
- Show & Go rides are ineligible to be moved
Rides “co-listed” with another club must adhere to the rules above.
Metrics & Honors
Pedal Pounder metrics include rides led, rides ridden, miles travel and feet climbed.
Ride leaders must submit original, paper sign-in sheets that reflect actual club miles and feet climbed during the ride. If the ride leader modifies a ride due to weather, road conditions, rider issues, etc., the rider leader must use the actual club miles and feet from the ride.
Based on statistics compiled from eligible sign-in sheets, the Ride Coordinator will award the club’s major Pedal Pounder honors:
- Most Rides Led
- King of the Wheel: Most miles traveled by a male rider
- Queen of the Wheel: Most miles traveled by a female rider
The Ride Coordinator may also issue discretionary, special awards based on statistics compiled from the Pedal Pounders data.
1,914 total views, 2 views today