The Route’s GPS links:
- GPS Links (Ride with GPS) [PRELIMINARY]: 100 mile (with 90 mile option) | 100K | 25 mile Fun Ride
- Route Sheets: Will be provided later
- All routes start at Mission San Jose High School in Fremont.
Note: We reserve the right to change the routes if external events prevent us from using the original route.
We will continue to use last year’s Primavera route changes due to safety concerns about the construction in Niles Canyon and at the entry from Palomares Road. Caltrans informed us that they will still have the barriers up that have eliminated the shoulder through the canyon. Due to numerous rider’s suggestions from last year, we eliminated the last hill on Paseo Padre at the end of the 100k/100 mile ride.
Three Routes to choose from:
Complete Century (101 miles, 6000 ft climbing): Start at Mission San Jose High School in Fremont and ride south toward Calaveras Road. Go up Calaveras Road, over “The Wall” and then a cruise alongside beautiful Calaveras Reservoir. Ride on to Sunol, Pleasanton, and Livermore, past vineyards to the base of Patterson Pass, looping back to lunch at a winery. Return by heading south down Calaveras Road and back to Fremont for a hearty meal. (The 90 mile option bypasses the loop to Patterson Pass, going straight to the winery/lunch stop).
100K (63 miles, 4500 ft climbing): Same as Complete Century, but skips the loop through Livermore and Patterson Pass.
Fun Ride (25 miles, mostly flat, 460 ft): Pedal to Coyote Hills Regional Park using parts of the Alameda Creek Trail on this mostly flat, fun and educational ride. Experience the FUN of an organized ride! Suitable for newer riders, or those riders just returning to bicycling.
NOTE: There may be other markings on the road that look similar. Look for the “P” as part of our marking.
- 6:30-8:00AM: 100-Mile & 100K
- 9:30-11:00 AM: The 25-Mile Fun Ride
Please note the following cutoff times:
- 100 mile:
- need to be at the turn from Foothill Blvd onto Verona Bridge by 11 AM or take the 100K route.
- Rios Lovell Winery stop closes at 1:30 PM.
- 100 mile/100 K:
- Sunol Glen School stop closes at 1:00PM.
- Water Stop – False Summit closes at 3:00PM.
- Spring Valley Rest stop closes at 3:30PM.
- 25 mile:
- Coyote Hills Rest Stop closes at 2:30PM
- Beard Staging Area closes at 3:00PM
- Niles Water Stop at end of trail closes at 4:00PM
- Entire route closes at 5:00 PM.
Safety and SAG support:
We will have numerous Course Marshalls positioned along the route for safety. In addition our SAGs will be patrolling all routes and will be in contact by radio with our base station in case they need to be directed somewhere quickly. SAGs will be carrying some bike repair equipment – if additional repair is required they will deliver you to a mechanic at the next rest stop.
Class 1 and 3 (pedal assisted) eBikes are allowed on the 100k and 90/100 mile rides. eBikes are not allowed on the FUN ride because it goes through Coyote Hills Regional Park which prohibits eBikes. Class 2 (throttle assist) are NOT allowed on any rides.
Read the Travelogue for the full route description and highlights!
12,814 total views, 12 views today