The Route’s GPS links (Preliminary):
- GPS Links (Ride with GPS): 100 mile | 85 mile | 100K | 25 mile Fun Ride
- All routes start at Mission San Jose High School in Fremont.
Note: We reserve the right to change the routes, if external events prevent us from using the original route.
Four Routes to choose from:
Complete Century (100 miles, 5800 ft climbing): Start at Mission San Jose High School in Fremont and ride south toward Calaveras Road. Go up Calaveras Road, over “The Wall” and then a beautiful cruise alongside Calaveras Reservoir. On to Sunol, Pleasanton, and Livermore, past vineyards to the top of Altamont Pass, past wind turbines to lunch at a winery. Up the Dublin Grade and along quiet Palomares Road to Niles Canyon, and back to Fremont for a hearty meal.
85 Mile (85 miles, 4550 ft climbing): Same as Complete Century, but skip Altamont Pass.
100K (63 miles, 3950 ft climbing): Same as Complete Century, but skip the loop through Livermore and Altamont Pass.
Fun Ride (25 miles, mostly flat, 464 ft): Pedal to Coyote Hills Regional Park, using parts of the Alameda Creek Trail on this mostly flat, fun, and educational ride. Experience the FUN of an organized ride! Suitable for newer riders, or those riders just returning to bicycling.
NOTE: There may be other markings on the road that look similar. Look for the “P” as part of our marking.
Safety and SAG support:
We will have numerous Course Marshalls positioned along the route for safety. In addition our SAGs will be patrolling all routes and will be in contact by radio with our base station in case they need to be directed somewhere quickly. SAGs will be carrying some bike repair equipment – if additional repair is required they will deliver you to a mechanic at the next rest stop.
Finally, we will have a CHP officer stationed at Calaveras & Geary for the morning and at Niles Canyon & Palomares for the afternoon.
- 6:30-8:00AM: 100-Mile, 85-Mile & 100K
- 9:30-11:00 AM: The 25-Mile Fun Ride
Please note the following cutoff times:
- 100 milers need to be at the turn from Sunol Blvd by 11 AM and out of the first winery stop by 12:00 PM.
- Sunol Glen School stop closes at 1:00PM.
- Rios Lovell Winery stop closes at 2:00 PM.
- 25 milers Staging Area Rest Stop closes at 1PM, Beard Staging Area closes at 2:00PM, Water Stop at end of trail closes at 2:30PM.
- Entire route closes at 5:30 PM.
Read the Travelogue for full route description and highlights!
1,658 total views, 4 views today