Cinderella Training Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I participate in the training series and ride the Cinderella Classic or Challenge?
- How do I know which series to sign up for?
- What do I need to bring on the training rides?
- Where are my route sheets?
- How do I join the FFBC Cinderella Google Group?
- How do I join the main FFBC Group?
- How do I join (or renew) my FFBC membership?
- Where can I find the Cinderella Safety Classes?
- Where can I find more information about cycling and preparing for a century ride?
- How can I become a volunteer ride leader?
- Who can I contact for even more information?
How do I participate in the training series and ride the Cinderella Classic or Challenge?
- No registration is required for the FFBC Cinderella Coaching Series for 2019, but reservations are encouraged.
- Read the Rules of the Road to familiarize yourself with our training rules, and the Recommended Gear list if you have any questions about what to bring on your rides.
- In 2019 the Cinderella Classic and Challenge rides are scheduled for Saturday, March 30. Online registration opens in Jan 2019. Sign up with the Valley Spokesmen as soon as possible to register for the Cinderella Classic or Challenge (this is a separate entry fee from the FFBC Cinderella Coaching Rides). The Valley Spokesmen’s Cinderella rides sell out quickly so we advise participants to register early.
- Show up with a smile on your face for your first ride on January 12th!
How do I know which series to sign up for?
Check out our series description page to see which series is right for you.
What do I need bring on the training rides?
On the day of the ride you will want to arrive ready to ride (refer to the Recommended Gear list) with a copy of the appropriate route sheet (based on your chosen training series).
Where are my route sheets?
If you’re joining the Coaching Series your route sheets are here. If you’re part of the Conditioning Series then you’ll be able to find information about your upcoming rides on the FFBC ride calendar (starting in January).
How do I join the FFBC Cinderella Google Group?
You can join the Google group by going to the FFBC Cinderella Google Group page and clicking on the “Join Group” link.
How do I join the main FFBC Group?
If you are participating in the Conditioning Series you should have received an invitation to join the FFBC group when you renewed your club membership. Please check that your invitation didn’t inadvertently end up in your spam folder. You can also join the group by going to the FFBC Group page and clicking on the “Join Group” link in the middle of the page.
How do I join (or renew) my FFBC membership?
All coaching participants are required to join FFBC – go to our membership web page by clicking here.
Where can I find the Cinderella Safety Classes?
- Cinderella Syllabus
- Any Ride, Streets or Paths
- Small Streets
- Large Roads
- Intermediate Group Riding
- Climbing & Descending
- Rural Roads
Where can I find more information about cycling and preparing for a century ride?
- Choosing A Bike
- Changing A Flat Tire
- Winter Bicycle Clothing
- Eating And Nutrition
- Great video on changing your tire!
- Video – What’s in your Bike Bag?
How can I become a volunteer ride leader?
Experienced riders who have previously completed the training series may participate in 2017 as an assistant ride leaders if positions are available. If you are interested in participating as a ride leader or have questions, please contact the Cinderella coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
Who do I contact for even more information?
For questions not covered here, or more information about the series, please contact the Cinderella Coordinator at email@example.com
1,078 total views, 1 views today