FFBC GENERAL MEETING MINUTES
Location: Fremont Adult Education School, Room N6, 4700 Calaveras Ave, Fremont, CA 94538
Date: Feb 9, 2016
Race Team Representative
Call to Order:
Meeting called to order at 7:35 PM. Previous meeting minutes were approved.
Treasury Report – Julia Walker:
Gave Club account balance. Many Primavera checks are in with no significant expenses yet, so we are in the surplus portion of the Primavera budgetary cycle. We are close to sellout with the ride.
Ride Coordinator – Dave Fishbaugh:
About 40 people turned up at the Ride Leader Appreciation part at the Newark Round Table Pizza place. It was within budget – Dave felt it was successful. Next time Dave recommends we try a new place. As part of the event Dave did “white Elephant” awards for various categories:
Dave also said that the ride calendar for February looks good.
Race Team Report – Chris Menicou:
Chris noted this is early race season. There have been only a couple events so far, for example the bump circuit race by Wente. Two new riders, Derrick Stedman and Scott Morin have been doing very well.
The member level is at 51 at this point. Eight juniors and three women. There will be a second round of signups in February.
Saturday workouts have started at more than 60 miles and 4500 ft of climbing.
The Team Target events have also been decided – they are listed below.
Chris reviewed the following team information and provided this complete list later by email. This is for the last four weeks.
Race Team Report for Jan 2016:
CCCX CYCLOCROSS – Series Final
01/17/16 – Marina
MASTERS 35+ C MEN – Brian Gokey 1st
2016 RED KITE OMNIUM EVENT #1 – THE BUMP CIRCUIT RACE (WINTER)
LIVERMORE, CA FEB 7, 2016
Cat. 5 – Derek Stedman 1st, Scott Morin 2nd
- Training and Event Update
- Tuesday Night Training (TuNT): Meet at 6:15 PM at Genmark Automation (Warren and 46723 Lakeview) for a local ride and hill climbing workout.
- Wednesday Night Training (WNT) Meet at 6:15 PM on Eureka & Stevenson (parking lot) in Fremont for training and mentoring on the basics of racing.
- Thursday Night Training (TNT): Meet at 6:15 PM on Eureka & Stevenson (parking lot) in Fremont for 4-corner Criterium workouts.
- Team Target Events for 2016
Team Target Events proposed for Road Racing in 2016:
- Coppertown Circuit Race – Feb. 14th
- Red Kite Criterium – March 3rd
- Turlock Lake Road Race – April 9th
- Memorial Day Criterium, Morgan Hill – May 30th
- Dash 4 Cash, Dublin – June 4th
- Red Kite Bump Circuit Race – July 24th
- Dunnigan Hills Road Race – August 13th
- Giro di San Francisco Criterium – September 5th
The race calendar can be found at – http://ncnca.org/
- Team Membership
There are 51 Race Team (and Freewheeler) members for the 2016 season roster so far, including 8 juniors and 3 ladies.
Note: A second round of sign-ups is open in February.
The Fremont Freewheeler Race Team website is at: http://fremontraceteam.org/
Director-at-Large – Trish Conklin:
Trish was not present but did provide some excellent refreshments. According to her they were:
Strange nibbles this evening. Chocolate beet cupcakes with espresso. They may or may not have a crème fraiche and poppy seed topping (be forewarned they are a bit dry) or perhaps just powdered sugar. There will also be a lemon and blueberry, or raspberry pudding cupcake topped with a dusting of powdered sugar. The bottoms of these are a bit mushy, hence the pudding part, but no worries, they are thoroughly cooked.
For this meeting there was an excellent presentation by Urban Bike fitters on their bike fitting machines and tools.
The meeting was adjourned around 9PM.
185 total views, 1 views today