FFBC GENERAL MEETING MINUTES
Location: Fremont Adult Education School, Room N6, 4700 Calaveras Ave, Fremont, CA 94538
Date: Mar 8, 2016
|Louis Friedenberg||Vice President|
|Dave Fishbaugh||Ride Coordinator|
Call to Order:
Meeting called to order at 7:40 PM. Previous meeting minutes were approved.
Treasury Report – Julia Walker:
Gave Club account balance. Many Primavera checks are in with no significant expenses yet, so we are in the surplus portion of the Primavera budgetary cycle.
Membership – Becky:
Membership today: 406 members and 304 Memberships
Ride Coordinator – Dave Fishbaugh:
Very active right now.
- PRS gets about 12-20 people
- LAP is getting 20+ people
- Brisk PRS is getting 5-10 people
5-6 new ride leaders in the last two months – very good news.
Race Team Report – Chris Menicou:
Chris was not at the meeting but provided this list later by email. This is for the last four weeks.
Race Team Report for February 2016:
- Team Fremont Race Updates – Top Ten Rider Results
COPPER TOWN SQUARE CIRCUIT RACE – team Target Event
COPPEROPOLIS, CA FEB 14, 2016
Elite M Cat. 5 – Florian Mehring 3rd, Scott Morin 6th, Alex Abaya 8th
M35 M Cat. 3 – Rey Surla 1st, Phill Mai 3rd
Elite M Cat. 3 – Chris Gaitos 3rd
Elite M Cat. 4 – Jacob Salassi 6th
M55 M Cat. 1-5 – West Kurihara 6th
Elite W Cat. 4 – Katie Troung – 9th
Elite M Cat. 3/4 – Chris Gaitos – 3rd
M45 Cat. 4 – Prashant Singh – 4th
SNELLING ROAD RACE
SNELLING, CA FEB 20, 2016
Elite M Cat. 5 – Daniel Karpelevitch – 9th
CENTRAL COAST ROAD SERIES #2
CIRCUIT RACE FEB. 28, 2016
Elite M Cat. 5 – Dominic Hollingdale – 1st, Luke Jeeter – 6th
Elite M Cat. 4 – Daniel Karpelevitch – 10th
Open M35 – Bernhard Stonas – 6th
MADERA COUNTY STAGE RACE
CHOWCHILLA, CA MAR 4, 2016 – MAR 6, 2016
Criterium: Elite M Cat. 4 – Daniel Karpelevitch – 10th
Time Trial: Elite M Cat. 4 – Matt Brantveyn – 3rd, Daniel Karpelevitch – 8th
Road Race: Elite M Cat. 4 – Matt Brantveyn – 1st, Daniel Karpelevitch – 7th
Overall (GC) Elite M Cat. 4 – Daniel Karpelevitch – 8th, Matt Brantveyn – 10th
RED KITE OMNIUM16 EVENT #2 – RED KITE CRITERIUM (MARCH)
LIVERMORE, CA MAR 6, 2016
Elite M Cat. 5 – Andrew Conley – 1st, Scott Morin – 5th, Luke Jeeter – 9th
Elite M Cat. 5 – B Race –Scott Morin – 1st, Andrew Conley – 2nd, Alex Abaya – 3rd, Luke Jeeter – 5th, Dominic Hollingdale – 9th
M55 M Cat. 1/2/3 – West Kurihara – 5th, Tim O’Hara – 7th, Garry Birch – 9th
Elite M Cat. 3 – Chris Gaitos -1st
WARDS FERRY ROAD RACE
Elite M Cat. 3 – Phill Mai – 2nd
Elite M Cat. 5 – Matthew Cho – 3rd
M35 Cat. 4 – Prashant Singh – 5th
BARIANI ROAD RACE
Junior 15-18 Cat. 4/5 – Daniel Karpelevitch – 1st
- Training and Event Update
- Tuesday Night Training (TuNT): Meet at 6:15 PM at Genmark Automation (Warren and 46723 Lakeview) for a local ride and hill climbing workout.
- Wednesday Night Training (WNT) Meet at 6:15 PM on Eureka & Stevenson (parking lot) in Fremont for training and mentoring on the basics of racing.
- Thursday Night Training (TNT): Meet at 6:15 PM on Eureka & Stevenson (parking lot) in Fremont for 4-corner Criterium workouts.
- Team Target Events for 2016
- Team Target Events proposed for Road Racing in 2016:
- Turlock Lake Road Race – April 9th
- Memorial Day Criterium, Morgan Hill – May 30th
- Dash 4 Cash, Dublin – June 4th
- Red Kite Bump Circuit Race – July 24th
- Dunnigan Hills Road Race – August 13th
- Giro di San Francisco Criterium – September 5th
- The race calendar can be found at – http://ncnca.org/
- Team Membership
- There are 55 Race Team (and Freewheeler) Members for the 2016 season roster so far, including 8 juniors and 3 ladies.
- The Fremont Freewheeler Race Team website is at: http://fremontraceteam.org/
Conni Smith – was present to discuss the choice for the Club picnic. Everyone was in agreement.
Some discussion about members of the Hall of Fame Committee. Becky and Conni were corralled in being the meta-committee. I.e. making suggestions as to who might be in the committee. More later after Dave’s and their feedback.
The meeting was adjourned around 8:15PM.
182 total views, 1 views today