FFBC GENERAL MEETING MINUTES
Location: Fremont Adult Education School, Room N6, 4700 Calaveras Ave, Fremont, CA 94538
Date: May 10, 2016
|Louis Friedenberg||Vice President|
|Dave Fishbaugh||Ride Coordinator|
|Chris Menicou||Race Team Representative|
Call to Order:
Meeting called to order at 7:40 PM. Previous meeting minutes were approved.
Race Team Report – Chris Menicou:
Chris reviewed the following team results and provided the complete results later by email. This is for the last four weeks.
- Team Fremont Race Updates – Top Ten Rider Results
Red Kite Criterium
Elite M Cat. 4 – Andrew Conley 9th
Cat’s Hill Classic
Elite M Cat. 4 – Andrew Conley 3rd
Elite M Cat. 5 – Keith Strong 9th
Berkeley Hills Road Race
Elite M Cat. 3 – Phill Mai 8th
Jr. M Cat. 4/5 – Daniel Karpelevitch – 1st
Wente Road Race
Elite M Cat. 4 – Matt Brantveyn 10th
Jr. M 15-16 – Matthew Cho 5th, Suraj Shah 6th, Jacob Koodarapplly 8th<
Jr. M 17-18 – Daniel Karpelevitch – 2nd
Red Kite Criterium
Elite Cat. 5 – Andrew Conley 3rd
M55 Cat. ¾ – Tim O’Hara 6th, Garry Birch 9th
- Training and Event Update
- Tuesday Night Training (TuNT): Meet at 6:15 PM at Genmark Automation (Warren and 46723 Lakeview) for a local ride and hill climbing workout.
- Wednesday Night Training (WNT) Meet at 6:15 PM on Eureka & Stevenson (parking lot) in Fremont for training and mentoring on the basics of racing.
- Thursday Night Training (TNT): Meet at 6:15 PM on Eureka & Stevenson (parking lot) in Fremont for 4-corner Criterium workouts.
- Team Target Events for Road Racing in 2016:
- Memorial Day Criterium, Morgan Hill – May 30th
- Dash 4 Cash, Dublin – June 4th
- Red Kite Bump Circuit Race – July 24th
- Dunnigan Hills Road Race – August 13th
- Giro di San Francisco Criterium – September 5th
The race calendar can be found at – http://ncnca.org/
- Team Membership
- There are 56 Race Team (and Freewheeler) Members for the 2016 season roster so far, including 9 juniors and 3 ladies.
- The Fremont Freewheeler Race Team website is at: http://fremontraceteam.org/
Ride Coordinator – Dave Fishbaugh:
Pizza Rides are off and running.
Got a number of rides scheduled on weekends with help of new ride leaders!
Recruiting for June rides.
Supervisor Scott Haggerty made a presentation to the group.
Several people asked questions of the supervisor.
Dawn Argula, Chief of Staff Operations took notes of all of the questions asked. She is supposed to get back with us with answers. Those will be published at a later time.
Some of the questions were:
Asked by Andy Sass: Why did our food permits go from 0 to over $800?
Resurface Marsh Landings Road asked by Dave F.
Discussed a possible time trial down Niles Canyon for 2017 Closure. The closure of Niles will not happen this year according to Scott Haggerty.
Dawn Argula contact info:
319 total views, 1 views today