2017-02-14 Fremont Freewheelers Board Meeting MinutesFFBC BOARD MEETING MINUTES
Location: Fremont Adult Education School, Room N6, 4700 Calaveras Ave, Fremont, CA 94538
David Walker President Ken Goldman
Judy Young Secretary Randy Fewel Treasurer
Call to Order:
Meeting called to order at 6:35 PM. Previous meeting minutes were approved.
Race Team Report – West Kurihara:
Racing & Training Results
January 14 – 16, The coast ride, SF – Santa Barbara 440+ miles
The following people participated in the three day ride down the coast:
Brian Gokey (Day 2,3)
Francis Tanjuatco (Day 1)
West Kurihara (Day 1)
February 4, The Bump Circuit Race, Livermore.
Team Fremont helped run this event by supplying the course marshals. The following people worked throughout the day:
Men’s Master 40+ 4,5 Michael Jones, 19/31
Brandon Soule, 27/31
Woman’s Cat 4 Sharon Marucut, 19/20
Men’s Cat 3,4 Derek Stedman, 1/33
Andrew Conley, 3/33
Jacob Salassi, 23/33 (2nd pl for cat 4)
February 11, Hensley Lake RR
Men’s Master 50+ 3,4 Prashant Singh 4/5
Men’s Cat 4,5 Keith Strong 1/29
February 12, Central Coast Circuit Race, Seaside, CA
Men’s Cat 4 Mike Leung 6/15
Men’s Cat 3,4 Mike Leung 4/13
Training and Event Update
It’s racing season, so no formal weekend training rides are on the schedule
Tuesday Night Training (TuNT) resumed on 10/18: Meet at 6:15 PM at Genmark Automation (Warren and 46723 Lakeview) for a local ride and hill climbing workout.
Wednesday Night Training (WNT) Meet at 6:15 PM on Eureka & Stevenson (parking lot) in Fremont for training and mentoring on the basics of racing.
Thursday Night Training (TNT) coached by Larry Nolan: Meet at 6:15 PM on Eureka & Stevenson (parking lot) in Fremont for 4-corner Criterium workouts.
Team Target Events for 2017
2/18/2017 Copper Town Circuit Race (CANCELED)
3/19/2017 Red Kite Crit (RKO #3)
3/26/2017 Tempus Fugit Individual TT (RKO #5)
4/29/2017 Cats Hill Crit
4/30/2017 Wente Vinyards Road Race
5/14/2017 Berkeley Hills Road Race
6/10/2017 IC3 Dash for Cash
7/23/2017 Bump Circuit Race (RKO #12)
8/5/2017 Patterson Pass Road Race
8/20/2017 Tempus Fugit Individual TT (RKO #15)
9/4/2017 Giro di San Francisco
Team Membership renewal period is now until Nov 30. Prediction is for membership numbers in the 55-60 range.
The Fremont Freewheeler Race Team website is at: http://fremontraceteam.org/
The Race Team board voted to overhaul the membership fee structure so the new annual race team membership fee is $60/year for Adults, $30 for Minors
Garry Birch will be moving back to Great Britain at the end of this year to take care of his Mum.
- Race Team Board for 2017
- President Prashant Singh
- VP Bill Brier
- Treasurer Phill Mai
- Woman’s TM Elizabeth May-Gaitos
- Captain Jacob Salassi
- Promoter Alex Cortez
- Club Liaison West Kurihara
- Secretary Gary Birch
- Board Officer 1 Daniel Karpelevitch
- Board Officer 2 Keith Strong
- Board Officer 3 vacant
- New Initiatives
- The race team board decided to go ahead with plans to do a coordinated Stage Race for the Memorial Day Weekend with Red Kite Racing and San Jose Bicycle club. Team Fremont would hold the Calaveras Time Trial as part of a four race event over three days which will include the Mt. Hamilton Road Race, Red Kite Criterium, and one other time trial event. The four events would constitute the Stage race. Planning and discussions are continuing. The dates of the races are:
Treasurer – Randy Fewel:
- Reviewed current budget.
- Twenty people requested a refund of their Primavera registration fee due to the new planned route caused by the Calaveras closure.
Ride Coordinator – Dave Fishbaugh:
- 30-40 attended ride leader party.
- Discussed Hall of Fame (HOF) leader awards. Next year’s HOF committee will include at least one of the HOF winners.
- Looking for a PA system for future gatherings. Randy suggested the club try out AAUW’s PA system.
General Discussion – David Walker:
- Board approved a request from Andy Sass to donate $500 each to Good Karma and Abode.
- Randy suggested we can better communicate our donations to charitable organizations. Ken Goldman will ask Bob Miller to post this information on our website.
- Ken will ask Eve Ben-Ora to have Wynn Kageyama report on his light distribution for the newsletter.
- Should the club’s Facebook page be an open group? This question will be posted on the announcement page of the club website to get member opinion.
- Members currently don’t have access to other member information on the website. It can be made available however privacy concerns need to be handled. We can add an opt out button at the time of registration.
- No presentation today, it’s Valentine’s Day.
- Ideas for future presentations include:
- Michael Christopherson and Laura Spano present their trip up north.
- East Bay Bike Coalition.
- Request a local bike shop owner to talk about business ownership, new product/trends.
- How to use Ride with GPS.
7:33 PM: Meeting adjourned
662 total views, 1 views today